Friday: We attended a conference called "Stand for the Family." It was hosted at BYU. Most people were there because they are involved with the School of Family Life Department.. I tried not to share that the only reason that I was there was for extra credit.
We got to dress up for it; that was fun. Eating the chicken/slimy vegetables that were served, was not. Also, making awkward small talk with a table of strangers = not the most enjoyable thing in my life. But, it turned out alright. I especially liked a visiting speaker that we had. She is a Roman Catholic scholar who specializes in family law. It was wonderful to catch glimpses, through her remarks, of the similarities that we share with diverse religions. The fact that we all believe in one God, and are striving to demonstrate our love for Him, is remarkable. And something to be grateful for.
Also, this week has been momentous in other ways. I have started exercising, after a few years break.. Perhaps I shouldn't be sharing that with the world, but nonetheless, I am happy to finally become reacquainted with the world of fitness. So far it has been enjoyable; even at 7AM.
Saturday: Filled with studying, I'm sorry to report. However, we did get a chance to see Slumdog Millionaire, which I have been wanting to see ever since it came out. It wasn't disappointing, but it wasn't quite as awe-inspiring as I had hope. Maybe the fact that they edited it took out some important parts...? However, the climate in the theater could have contributed to my complacency, considering there were students laying in the aisles because the theater was so crammed full.
Later, we went to DI to browse for finds. Just as we were leaving, we beheld a lovely little box in the counter case. It was all 10 of the 'Friends' seasons and for only 15 dollars. I had just mentioned that I wanted to order them on ebay, but the lowest price I found was around 80 bucks. So, I was excited. Its not even really that I love the show because it can actually get pretty racy...but I think its because its one of the only shows that I watched as a teen at home. I didn't really get into any others. So, it'll be fun to have it around for a little while. Plus, the fact that the entire cover is written in Chinese and was literally falling apart as the lady put them into the bag, just makes me happy. I don't know why. It's like a secret that only we know.. People probably passed them up because they thought that they wouldn't play in English or they wouldn't work because of their condition, but low and behold, they not only play in English, but they don't even have bothersome subtitles. And they've been just great so far :)
On another note, we went to Petsmart the other day, just for fun. Not only did we get to see a gazillion fish, but we had our first encounter with a cat that has no teeth. Her name is Becca and she was quite pleasant, after I got over the no teeth thing, of course. So, if anyone's looking for a new, friendly black cat, Becca's your girl.
Happy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment