Saturday, April 9, 2011

Travelogue: DC, LA, Seattle

As you know, I have been applying for Grad School. It is something that I've wanted to do for a long time and I feel like I would be incomplete without it. However, it has been somewhat of an uphill battle. I guess that since I am married, I feel like some people think I should just stay home... but I have been so grateful that I married a man that believes in me and pushes me to achieve my goals - even when they aren't convenient for us. He knows that I would regret it if I didn't take this great opportunity that I have to get a higher education and develop the skills that the Lord has blessed me with.
:)

I have been pleasantly surprised with the schools that I have applied to. Not only have some of them let me in (which I doubted at times would happen), but they offered to fly me out to visit the campus, which I jumped on the chance of doing.






Before I get to that though, a few months ago, we visited the east coast (N Carolina, DC, Virginia, and Maryland). It was so much fun!
Boyd served his mission in N Carolina so we got to visit a few places that he lived.

We got to Capitol Hill early in the morning because we heard that it would be pretty crazy with parking and traffic. Umm..I think we saw everything we wanted to before lunch and didn't know what else to do! haha. Our favorite things were the Washington (mine) and Lincoln (Boyd's) Monuments. They were majestic.

We contemplated what it would be like if we decided to go to Georgetown. We could be like the early morning runners we saw who run around Capitol Hill in the morning with their well-groomed dog...




Because blogger is taking an hour to upload my pictures, this will have to be continued at a later date. I promise it won't be too long :)

Love you all!
Hayley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think that the Lincoln was my favorite. Can't wait to see/hear about the rest!