..and walked and walked and walked.
That will be us. We are officially called as a Ma and Pa of the Orem Stake's pioneer trek for next year. We have a 'family' of 11 children, who are all teenagers. Which makes me want to cry a little bit, but it will be fun. We had our first activity today, and tried to remember what it was like to be 15/16... it wasn't that long ago for me, and yet, it was difficult to connect with these kids. It will take some time and prayer in order to make it a fun and valuable experience for everyone.
On another thought, there are weird rumors about us going on in the ward. They are absolutely false, and yet, they live on. It is hilarious. For example, the stake presidency heard that Boyd had a fatal heart condition that would keep him from going on the pioneer trek. What the? He doesn't have any health problems..
Then today somebody asked us where Boyd was going come spring. I asked what they were talking about, and they heard that just Boyd was 'going away' for awhile in the Spring. First of all, what does that even mean? Why would just he be going away for awhile, while I stay here alone? Second of all, where would he go? I just don't get some rumors, but its funny nonetheless.
Also, recently we have been visiting the animal humane society in Utah because we want to adopt a dog. We know that we probably won't get one for awhile because we'll most likely be moving, but its fun to go visit the dogs. Plus, this Utah shelter rocks. It has the #1 record for adoptions. While we were there, I saw like 3 or 4 pet adoptions taking place. Its so nice that they work so hard to get the dogs back into homes. I think it works so well because you can just take whichever dogs you want on walks. You can take as long as you want to get to know the dog; they have facilities for playing fetch and running around with them. Its really great (if you like animals). We helped a family find a child-friendly dog that they ended up loving! It was so fun.
1 comment:
Oh how fun! Thomas and I started volunteering at the animal shelter here.. We walk the stray dogs that aren't "adoptable" yet, but it's a neat experience. Good to hear from you! You officially win the first to update prize, so I will have to post something soon. Take care both of you, and good luck to poor Boyd and his failing heart ;)
Post a Comment